So my wonderful marvelicious participants, the tagset is done, pending any questions or clarifications you have on it. I tried to verify that everything matched both your nomination intent and the actual canon names as much as possible.
I rejected Fury (Secret Avengers) as it was impossible to verify which character was wanted. I also rejected a handful of characters that do not appear in Marvel 1602. If the nominator wants to contest for their inclusion or edit to an eligible version, here's the post to do so.
- All the nominations currently appearing under this are for 1872. Did the nominator want just the 1872 comics series or the entire Marvel Secret Wars Battleworlds continuity?
X-Force (Comics), X-Factor (Comics), Marvel 616, Heroes For Hire (Comics), Captain Britain and MI: 13
- For unapproved characters with more than one possible cape name, please specify the preferred alter ego or any.
- The character "Fury (Secret Avengers)" could apply to multiple characters. Please clarify the name.
- Fury (Secret Avengers): which character is this referring to? There are multiple characters with the name Fury.
- Fandom: Is the umbrella canon wanted or a specific run?
- Characters without cape names/alter egos specified are: Jamie Madrox, Julio Richter, Layla Miller, Lorna Dane, Monet St. Croix, Rahne Sinclair, Shatterstar, Theresa Cassidy. If none are provided by the time nominations close, I will set them to Any.
- Alex Summers (Earth-311 | Marvel 1602) does not appear to exist.
- Kurt Wagner (Earth-311 | Marvel 1602) does not appear to exist.
- Raven | Mystique (Earth-311 | Marvel 1602) does not appear to exist.
- X-Factor (Comics) - This had at least three major runs, not all of which seem closely related or contain the nominated characters. Does the nominator have a run/series they were particularly wanting, or do you want all of them? Also please specify cape name or any.
- Ms. Marvel (Comics) - I approved this label as is, thinking since Carol Danvers was also nominated, that all were probably intended. However, Danvers does appear in the third series, which focuses on Kamala Khan. Does the nominator want this fandom to continue including all three series or just the third series?
- If you have nominated characters under either of these fandoms that have multiple cape names throughout the run, please specify a cape name or Any. "Any" means you have no preferences for which part of the character's storyline/life/alter ego is nominated.
E.g. Clint Barton | Ronin will likely generate a rather different fanwork than Clint Barton | Hawkeye, but Clint Barton | Any allows either or any other alter egos, such as Goliath.
- Hulk & Thor (Avengers Assemble (Cartoon)): Could the nominator please tell me whether this is Bruce Banner | Hulk or whether you are specifying solely the identity of Hulk?
I had two sets of nominations (at least) for Young Avengers and merged them all under the canonical fandom tag "Young Avengers" for the comics before I realized there was also an animated TV series for Young Avengers. Was anyone trying to nominate that TV series instead of the comics?
X-Men Movies and Movieverse
- Remy LeBeau | Gambit (X-Men Movies)
- Bobby Drake/Remy LeBeau (X-Men Movies)
- Remy LeBeau/James "Logan" Howlett (X-Men Movies)
- Remy LeBeau/James "Logan" Howlett/Scott Summers (X-Men Movies)
I can do best guess on fandoms where there is only one cape name available, but I cannot do this with all the nominations currently in queue.
IF YOUR NOMINATION WAS REJECTED, PLEASE CHECK THE TAGSET. IT MAY HAVE BEEN APPROVED WITH CORRECT FORMATTING UNDER SOMEONE ELSE'S NOMINATION.
Avengers Assemble (Cartoon)
- Hulk & Thor (Avengers Assemble (Cartoon)): Is this specifically for the Hulk side of his personality or should this be Bruce Banner | Hulk?
While I know what this fandom generally means, this exchange does cover a broader swath of comics than usual. Is this nomination for all Hawkeye comics, that is:
- Run September 1983–December 1983 (Mark Gruenwald)
- Run January 1994–April 1994 (Chuck Dixon)
- Run December 2003–August 2004 (Fabian Nicieza)
- Run August 2012–August 2015 (Matt Fraction)
- Run March 2015-Present (Jeff Lemire)
Arguably, Hawkeye: Blindspot could also be included under this header. Or does the nominator(s) wish to change the title to only reflect Matt Fraction or a different particular run? I have not approved or rejected this fandom, so if you do want to edit your nomination, you can simply do so.
Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Peggy Carter (Captain America): did you want this nominated under Captain America: The First Avenger? not entirely sure what this parenthetical means here.
- James "Bucky" Barnes (MCU): did you want James "Bucky" Barnes | Winter Soldier (MCU) or just his pre-WS self?
The idea here is to organize a gift exchange designed for Marvel and it's many branched runs, authors, related and unrelated fandoms. The idea is to include the X-Men side and the Avengers side and every other side that non-Marvel fans don't realize is Marvel. The idea is to include any timeline you want, any world you want, any character you want, so long as it's Marvel.
Marvel canon is rich and varied and overlaps in the parts that we actual want to read about, a side effect of long runs, comics events and crossovers, and the many adaptations and timelines in the multiverse.
Nominating a TV Series/Cartoon:
Please disambiguate TV shows, anime, and cartoons, e.g. Wolverine (Anime), Avengers Assemble (TV), Guardians of the Galaxy (TV), Black Panther (TV), Wolverine: Origin (Marvel Knights) etc.
For direct to video titles, please disambiguate with year, e.g. Planet Hulk (2010).
Nominating a Book:
You may nominate a collection/omnibus or a series of collections/omnibuses. If the collection contains a specific run, then the moderator may change the fandom tag to the standard run title and series number.
Nominating a Comics Run:
If a run shares a name with another run, then please disambiguate, e.g. X-Force (2nd Series). If you don't know the series number, you may use publication year(s) or author/artist. Uncanny X-Men has a helpful and very large listing of Marvel comics by run.
If there is a subtitle, please include it, e.g. Spider-Man Noir: Eyes without a Face.
Nominating Overlapping Fandoms:
Fandom nominations are allowed to overlap. A timeline will frequently contain several runs or movies, etc.
You may nominate a crossover event, e.g. Messiah Complex, Age of Apocalypse, Age of Ultron, etc.
Marvel Noir (Earth-90214) contains several runs. You may nominate the entire timeline or a particular run.You may nominate all related runs within a timeline.
Acceptable nominations include:
- Marvel Noir
- Daredevil Noir
- X-Men Noir
- Spider-Man Noir
- Spider-Man Noir: Eyes without a Face
- Spider-Man Comics (Noir)
Marvel (Movies) is the canonical fandom tag containing Marvel Cinematic Universe (Earth-199999) and X-Men (Movieverse) (Earth-10005 | Earth-TRN414), as well as the various TV properties.
Note: X-Men (Movies) refers specifically to the original trilogy and does not include Days of Future Past, First Class, Wolverine, etc.
You may nominate any of these umbrella fandoms, a specific series of movies, or a specific movie or show. You may also nominate any closely related subfandoms within a timeline.
Acceptable nominations include:
- Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Thor (Movies)
- Thor: The Dark World
- X-Men (Movies)
- X-Men: The Last Stand
- Agent Carter (TV)
- Agent Carter (Marvel Short Film)
- Agent Carter (199999)
- X-Men: Days of Future Past
- Marvel 10005
- Marvel TRN414
If a timeline number is perfectly synonymous within a canonical fandom tag, e.g. Marvel 90214 is synonymous with Marvel Noir, the moderator will standardize to the canonical fandom tag. If a timeline is not perfectly synonymous, e.g. X-Men (Movieverse) contains both Earth-10005 (before Days of Future Past) and Earth-TRN414 (after Days of Future Past), then a timeline by Earth number is an acceptable nomination.
This field is for nominating pairings and/or teams/groups. You may nominate up to six.
For example, for the fandom Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), you may designate Avengers Team - Original or Avengers Team - Final.
You may optionally specify lineup, as above, or nominate any lineup for the team by choosing any. In sign ups, you can specify further details on who you want to see included in your fic.
Acceptable teams/groups would include:
- Avengers - any
- Hellfire Club - any (Comics)
- Hellfire Club - any (Movies)
- Hellfire Club - any
- Evil Brotherhood of Mutants - Original(Evo)
- Howling Commandos (Agent Carter)
Please aim more for clarity than for pretty. The mod will happy to wrangle the tagset for best effect.
Nominate pairings as usual. Please add parentheticals to pairings. You may nominate threesomes and moresomes.
Acceptable pairings would include:
- Remy Lebeau/Rogue (Evo)
- Remy Lebeau/Rogue (Comics)
- Remy Lebeau/Rogue (Movies)
- Remy Lebeau/Rogue (Marvel)
Canonical AO3 tags generally include first and last legal name. For the purposes of this exchange, please specify full name and cape name, as in many fandoms, there may be multiple cape names available.
- Clint Barton | Ronin
- Clint Barton | Hawkeye
- James "Bucky" Barnes | Winter Soldier
- James "Bucky" Barnes | Captain America
- Marie D'Ancanto | Rogue
- Anna Marie | Rogue
To specify any, please use the name that is consistent first and the any last:
- Clint Barton | any
- Rogue | any
- James "Logan" Howlett | any
Please only nominate characters that appear in the fandom nominated. You will have the opportunity to mix continuities on sign-up.