Click here to view or download a spreadsheet of the requests by fandom, recipient, category, and medium. Some requests are marked any for category and/or medium and some are broken out. This is because that is how the request was set up, and I did not correct them all to a consistent standard.
- FAQs, including questions on matching and story/art requirements and treat requirements
- The Letters Post
Pinch Hit #1
( Fandoms: Daredevil (Comics), Spider-Gwen (Comics) )
Pinch Hit #2
( Fandoms: Marvel, Marvel (Movies), Earth-7642 (Marvel/DC Crossover Universe), X-Men (Movieverse), X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014), X-Men (Movies) )
Pinch Hit #3
( Fandoms: Marvel 616, Annihilation Storyline and Sequels (2006-2011) (Marvel Comics), Cable and Deadpool (2004-2008), Nextwave (Comic), Strange Tales #110-146 (Lee/Ditko) )
Annihilation Storyline and Sequels includes Guardians of the Galaxy's second run, which was launched as a sequel.
New Sign Up: http://archiveofourown.org/collections/
- What’s the difference between Marvel, Marvel (Movies), and Marvel 616?
- What’s the difference between the fandom X-Men (Movies) and X-Men (Movieverse)?
- What’s the difference between Marvel Cinematic Universe and Marvel (Movies)?
- Are you going to make all the requests visible?
- What happens if my requests or offers can’t be matched?
Marvel refers to all Marvel universes: all comics branches and all movie franchises. It is the multiverse. Marvel (Movies) refers to all Marvel movie franchises, including X-Men, Fantastic Four, MCU, etc. Marvel 616 is perhaps the most well-known branch of Marvel comics, home to both baseline X-Men and Avengers.
X-Men (Movies) refers solely to the original trilogy of X-Men: The Movie, X2, and X3: The Last Stand. X-Men (Movieverse) also includes the Wolverine movies, X-Men: First Class, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Deadpool, and the upcoming Apocalypse.
Marvel Cinematic Universe refers to the Avengers, Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor movies, as well as the related TV shows Agent Carter, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, and Agents of SHIELD, etc. Marvel (Movies) includes these AND the X-Men (Movieverse) franchise.
Yes. Requests will be visible immediately to enable participants to tailor their offers or draw inspiration from the requests.
If your requests do not have a writer, you may end up on the initial pinch hit list. You may also end up on the initial pinch hit list if you are matchable but for some reason, all matchable writers end up matched to someone else.
If your offers have no potential requests, we will contact to you to ask about adding another offer that is matchable.
- How many requests am I allowed to make?
- How do I request art only? A fic only? Either?
- How do I request a team?
- Can I request characters or ships that do NOT belong to the fandom/continuity I’m asking for?
- Can I request gen fic for a pairing nominated as a ship (with a / instead of an &)?
- Can I request ship fic for a pairing nominated as a platonic relationship (with an & instead of a /)?
- How do I request a crossover relationship?
- If I request multiple fandoms, am I guaranteed a fill that reflects everything I requested?
- What does it mean when you say matching is on OR?
- Can I request the same fandom more than once?
You are required to make 2 requests and may make up to 8 requests. Each request may include up to 5 fandoms, 5 characters, and 5 relationships. You may also select any characters or relationships that belong to the requested fandom(s).
To request fanwork type, select the checkboxes under additional tags for Fanfic, Drawn Art, or Graphic Art. If you are happy with any kind of fanwork, check Any and leave the tags unchecked.
Teams are specified by team name under nominated relationships in the tagset. Some may specify the lineup/included members, while others do not.
Yes and no. Your request allows multiple fandoms. In order to request an additional character or relationship from another continuity, add the other fandom name to the fandoms field. If you want to request Matt Murdock to appear in Jessica Jones, add both fandom names to your request and include all desired characters. Feel free to specify additional details in the prompts field.
No. Those who offer the relationship will be looking to write shipfic, so it's unfair to make it possible to match them to someone who only wants genfic.
No. Those who offer the relationship will be looking to write genfic, so it's unfair to make it possible to match them to someone who only wants shipfic.
Ideally, you'd have nominated them under the umbrella fandom that contains both continuities. If you nominated the characters separately, please contact the mod by replying to this post or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
No. Matching is on OR. Due to the nature of this exchange, the mod will do their best on matching to ensure you get art or a fic that reflects your desires, but the creator is only required to write the category, one ship or character, and one fandom requested. You may specify in your optional details if a fandom was only selected for certain characters or relationships, and the mod will make sure to give priority to the other(s).
Your creator is required to produce a work that focuses on one of your requested characters or relationships in one of your requested fandoms. They are expected to adhere to your categorization requests for shipfic or genfic.
If you list multiple fandoms, characters, or ships in one request, you might not get a fic or piece of art that reflects the full request. For instance, if you request Stephen Strange, Loki, and Emma Frost, you might get a story or piece of art featuring only one of those characters.
Yes. Requests and offers do not have to be unique. You can request the same fandom multiple times with variations in the characters or ships. Do not request or offer the same thing multiple times with no reasonable variation. The point of the signup is to allow multiple combinations of characters and ships, not to create duplicates.
- What are the minimum requirements for a created work?
- How many offers do I need to make?
- Can I offer the same fandom more than once?
- Do I have to create works for all the requests my recipient asked for?
- Do I have to include all the characters and ships for the request I matched on?
- Can I create more than one work for my recipient?
- What happens if I can’t finish my work on time? Can I get an extension?
- If I need to default, what is the process?
- If I default, will I be banned from participating in the future?
• 1 fanfic of at least 1,000 words
• 1 piece of drawn artwork of at least 500 x 500 pixels
• 1 piece of graphic artwork of at least 500 x 500 pixels
Fanfic must contain at least one of the recipient's requested characters or teams if genfic or at least one of the recipient's requested pairings if shipfic. It must contain none of the recipient's requested DNWs (do not wants).
Drawn art must be an original piece created entirely by the artist and also contain at least one of the recipient's requested characters or teams if genfic or at least one of the recipient's requested pairings if shipfic. It must contain none of the recipient's requested DNWs (do not wants). The piece must be clearly finished, well defined and detailed lineart or else basic colors or monochromatic tones. No rough sketches and no lined paper. Art may be digitally or traditionally drawn.
Graphic art must be an original piece created entirely by the artist or a transformative piece, noticeably and creatively differentiated from any base photos or screencaps. Graphic art must also contain at least one one of the recipient's requested characters or teams if genfic or at least one of the recipient's requested pairings if shipfic. It must contain none of the recipient's requested DNWs (do not wants).
You must make a minimum of 3 offers and may offer up to 10. Each offer may include up to 5 fandoms, 5 characters, and 5 relationships. You may also select any characters or relationships that belong to the requested fandom(s).
You are also allowed to select Any Fandom. If you do, please copy/paste relationships and characters from the tagset as they will not auto-populate on the form.
Yes. Requests and offers do not have to be unique. You can offer the same fandom multiple times with variations in the characters or ships. Do not offer the same thing multiple times with no reasonable variation. The point of the signup is to allow multiple combinations of characters and ships, not to create duplicates.
No. You are only required to create one work meeting the minimum requirements and one of the requests' ships or characters.
No. Matching is on OR. If optional details specifies a preferred fandom setting, please honor it if possible, but you are only obligated to create a fic matching one of the requested ships, teams, or characters and are expected to adhere to the categorization of the request for shipfic or genfic.
Yes! We love treats. Feel free to create as many works as you wish.
No extensions will be granted. However, you are encouraged to post your work as a treat when it is complete and will not be penalized for doing so.
Under Your Assignments on your AO3 profile, find the assignment for Marvel is Marvel 2016 and click the Default button. Please consider defaulting as soon as you know you will need to, as this makes it easier to find a good pinch hitter.
You will not be banned for defaulting according to the method above on or before the assignments due date. If you default by simply not posting or contacting the mods, you will not be allowed to sign up in the future unless you contact the mod. At the discretion of the mods, you may be allowed to participate by posting a treat to the collection that matches the minimum requirements for assignments.
- If I didn’t sign up for the exchange, can I still gift treats?
- Do treats have to meet the same minimum requirements as assignments?
- Can I gift art as a treat when the assigned request is for fanfic?
- Can I gift fanfic as a treat when the assigned request is for art?
- How do I post a treat?
Yes! We love treats. Please feel free to create as many treats as possible!
No. But there are minimum requirements. Artwork minimum requirements are 100x100 pixels. Fic minimum requirements are 100 words. Should there be any, please honor any requests in a participant's optional details to not gift them with drabbles or icons.
If a participant states in their optional details that they are open to receiving art as a treat, then you may. Otherwise, no.
If a participant states in their optional details that they are open to receiving fanfic as a treat, then you may. Otherwise, no.
On the profile page for the AO3 collection, click on the link Post to Collection. Please add the freeform tag Treat to the additional tags field in your work. Add the recipient's username to the Gift this work to field. Submit your work when finished.
So my wonderful marvelicious participants, the tagset is done, pending any questions or clarifications you have on it. I tried to verify that everything matched both your nomination intent and the actual canon names as much as possible.
I rejected Fury (Secret Avengers) as it was impossible to verify which character was wanted. I also rejected a handful of characters that do not appear in Marvel 1602. If the nominator wants to contest for their inclusion or edit to an eligible version, here's the post to do so.
- All the nominations currently appearing under this are for 1872. Did the nominator want just the 1872 comics series or the entire Marvel Secret Wars Battleworlds continuity?
X-Force (Comics), X-Factor (Comics), Marvel 616, Heroes For Hire (Comics), Captain Britain and MI: 13
- For unapproved characters with more than one possible cape name, please specify the preferred alter ego or any.
- The character "Fury (Secret Avengers)" could apply to multiple characters. Please clarify the name.
- Fury (Secret Avengers): which character is this referring to? There are multiple characters with the name Fury.
- Fandom: Is the umbrella canon wanted or a specific run?
- Characters without cape names/alter egos specified are: Jamie Madrox, Julio Richter, Layla Miller, Lorna Dane, Monet St. Croix, Rahne Sinclair, Shatterstar, Theresa Cassidy. If none are provided by the time nominations close, I will set them to Any.
Apologies, and I'll try to get this fixed as soon as possible.